Nutrition for Healthy Skin
I’m sure you have all heard the phrase ‘you are what you eat’ and when it comes to skin health this certainly holds true. Here are five tips to help your skin glow from the inside out.
1. Eat berries: The vitamin C in berries helps to fight free radicals which can damage cells and break down collagen, leading to fine lines.
2. Include healthy fats: Things like olive oil, walnuts and oily fish can be seen as the foundation for healthy skin as they are an essential structural component of healthy cells.
3. Think orange: For skin renewal we need Vitamin A which is made from beta carotene. Orange fruits and vegetables such as carrots, apricots, pumpkin and sweet potato is where you will find this nutrient.
4. Hydrate: Your skin is plump and youthful-looking when it is hydrated. Avoid dehydration by drinking water and herbal teas. Green tea contains catechins which help boost blood flow and oxygen to the skin.
5. Gut connection: Your skin can reflect what is happening in your digestive system and with the balance of bacteria in your gut. I will write a longer post on this soon but for now think whole foods rather than processed, and try to eat fermented foods regularly.